Our Communities: A Walk Back Through Time
Or Purity as it was first called was settled in 1887. In 1890, the name Purity was changed to New Germany. It continued to carry that name until 1918 during the hysteria of the war with Germany when it was changed to Motordale. In 1922, it again was changed to New Germany, as it still exists today. The population of New Germany as of the 2000 Census is 346 and growing.
Postcard image of New Germany Bank.