Is situated on the shores of Clearwater Lake or as it is known today Lake Waconia with a population as of 2003 of 6,814. Waconia is the Dakota word meaning fountain or spring. It was surveyed and platted in March 0f 1857. The first settlers were probably Ludwig Sutheimer and Michael Schiednagel. John Moy was the first birth in Waconia in January, 1856. The island in Lake Waconia was known as Coney Island and was a very popular summer resort. A small community known as Coney Island station blossomed on the North West side of the Lake. The railroad would drop off vacationers and they would take the ferry to the island.