Job Title: Office Manager
Position Reports To: Exec. Director
Revision Date: February 27, 2019
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Hourly Non-Exempt
The Carver County Historical Society is currently accepting applications for the position of Office Manager. This 17 hour per week position is very flexible but does require working one Saturday shift (10-3) per month. A background in accounting and knowledge of QuickBooks is required.
Professional, team players are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions should be addressed to Wendy at 952-442-4234. Applications will be accepted until the end of March, 2019.
The Office Manager supports the Carver County Historical Society (CCHS) mission to collect, preserve, and interprets the history of Carver County. More particularly, the Office Manager is the primary staff person responsible for the museum’s bookkeeping, administrative work, gift shop inventory, and membership data base.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and participate in monthly staff meetings.
- Greet the public, assist museum visitors, and help researchers in the library when needed.
- Contribute to the quarterly newsletter.
- Maintain accurate CCHS membership base using SalesForce.
- Type and mail and email monthly renewal membership letters.
- Manage payroll including medical and PERA.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable using QuickBooks.
- Type letters as requested.
- Do general paperwork.
- Maintain inventory for gift shop.
- Assist with Annual Fund drive, membership drive, and fundraising events.
- Reconcile all of CCHS bank accounts.
- Maintain PTO records of staff.
- Provide monthly accounting reports to staff.
- Answer phones and recover messages.
- Set up board meetings.
- Purchase office and kitchen supplies as needed.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities.
- Work one Saturday per month.
- Answer phones.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles with preferred emphasis on nonprofit accounting.
- Communicate effectively both orally and through the written word.
- Work within the constraints of a budget.
- Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to relate to people of all ages and ethnic groups.
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment.
- Typing 50+ per minute.
- Be a positive public advocate for the CCHS’s mission.
- Ability to compose and type letters using professional business English.
- A.A. in Accounting or bookkeeping
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of business English
- Appreciation for history and nonprofit organizations.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.