Genealogy and Local Research Materials at the Carver County Historical Society Library
State and federal census records for Carver County on microfilm
- 1850, 1857, 1860, 1865, 1870, 1875, 1880, 1885, 1895, 1900, 1910, 1920
[There is no 1890 census. There is an index to the 1860 and 1870 censuses.]
Carver County naturalization records on microfilm
Plat maps on microfilm
- 1916 plat book of the State of Minnesota
- Collection of Minnesota County Atlases Anoka-Cottonwood
- Carver 1898 and 1925
- 1880, 1898, 1916, 1927; 1940s–present
Sanborn Fire Insurance maps of Chaska and Carver
Local history books
[including the Carver County chapter from Edward Neill's 1882 History of the Minnesota Valley]
Carver County newspapers on microfilm
- Carver County Democrat 1859 (part)
- Carver Free Press 1884–1897
- Valley Transcript 1862 (part)
- Chanhassen Sailor 1988–1990
- Chanhassen Villager 1988–present
- Chaska Herald 1862–1880; 1882–present
- East Union News 1891–1899
- Norwood Times 1890–present
- Waconia Carver County News 1887–1897
- Waconia Patriot 1903–present
- Watertown Carver County News 1897–1903; 1941–present
- Young America Eagle 1904–1943; 1945–1947
Other newspapers covering Carver County on microfilm
- Lester Prairie Journal 1897–1991
- Lester Prairie News 1901–1980
- Articles index according to individuals, organizations, businesses, government bodies and subjects.
- The Young America Eagle is fully indexed.
- The Waconia Patriot is indexed to 1994.
- The Chaska Herald is indexed to 1940.
County birth index*
County marriage index*
County death index*
*County Recorder's Office has original birth, marriage, death and land records
- Over 10,000 photographs indexed alphabetically by surname and by subject.
Various family histories
- Compiled and donated to the Historical Society by family members.
- Items of interest are letters, clippings, journals, and scrapbooks.
- Carver County Veterans of World War II.
- Including most of the cemeteries for the townships of Carver County.
- Centennial books, histories; Catholic Church records on microfilm.